Friday 11 July 2014

Inspiring Individuals who Introduced Me To Jewellery Making

I love creating jewellery and felt at this point I should introduce you to the amazing individuals who inspired me in my jewellery making  journey. I would like to introduce you to my very first jewellery making teacher Shafina Fazaldad.


Shafina  is originally from Pakistan and opened her jewellery shop in East Ham (London) after taking a jewellery making course  at a local school. Just like me she was so inspired by her teacher, that she told her husband that she wanted to open a jewellery shop. Shafina explains “the first 6 months of opening the shop was difficult, but I never gave up”.  Shafina started off selling ready made jewellery, but then added beads to the shop. Today Safina’s bead shop is a very successful local  business, it brings the local community together as a lot of her  customers spend time sharing and talking about their jewellery designs.

Shafina Fazaldad - Jewellery Shop Owner and  Designer

I first met Shafina when I had a day off from work and I stumbled across her bead shop, I loved the sparkly beads on show. Shafina said she offered jewellery making classes, so I booked a one hour session with her and I can tell you from that very day I was hooked, my jewellery making journey had begun.  Below is my first ever jewellery design.

My first ever jewellery design set
What I love about Shafina is that she is a very kind and patient teacher, her jewellery making techniques are exquisite and all her  customer say she is very friendly, that’s why you often see customers hanging around the shop for a chat and a cup of tea graciously offered by Shafina.
Shafina says her customers and jewellery making clients are supportive, but the reason I think people keep coming back to her shop is that she is very knowledgeable about jewellery making, you can always find what you need to make beautiful jewellery and Shafina always gives helpful hints to get your jewellery project  started.

Shafina and her Jewellery Shop


I asked Shafina who was her favourite jewellery designers and she mentioned Linda Jones who is an expert in intricate wire work.

I want to thank Shafina for allowing me to interview her, I love purchasing my jewellery findings from her shop, as some of the findings are so unique, that you cannot find them anywhere else.

If you wish to purchase beads, accessories, jewellery kit or anything pertaining to jewellery making , Shafina’s details  are below, I highly recommend her.

Address:  Handmade Jewellery and Beads Unit 48-50, East Ham Shopping Hall, Myrtle Road, East Ham London E6 1HY
Contact: 07859240695

6 comments:

  1. Ohhhh wow not seen them before look amazing .x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely. I admire people who set up their own business from a passion. Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hollie, I think all jewellery designers are passionate jewellery making, it's very addictive.

      Delete
  3. It must be wonderful to wake up in the morning and go to work which you actually love and adore...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Donna, Shafina is an excellent example of a female entreupeneur

    ReplyDelete
  5. Impressive and powerful suggestion by the author of this blog are really helpful to me.

    jewellery courses

    ReplyDelete